Referral for Services

Referrals to MODEST ordinarily come from OPWDD. It also can come from clinics, schools, family members, legal guardians, friends and self referral. Any New York State resident with a developmental disability can make a request for services funded by OPWDD through voluntary Agencies like MODEST which will make a request on that person’s behalf. The process can begin with something as simple as a telephone call, an e-mail, or an office visit where intake forms are completed.

A dialogue takes place with the individual seeking support services. Afterward, it is refined into a request proposal for services that are submitted to OPWDD for review and approval.

Contact Information
Email: info (at) modestservices dot org
Phone: 718-447-8200